-At Least 12 Years Old
-Willing To Work With People
-Willing To Be Close to Horses
-Able To Attend Orientation
-Able To Complete Paperwork and Registering Online
-Able To Walk For 3 Hours (with minimal breaks)
Not Interested In Being A Class Volunteer?
-Office Help and Hostess
-Barn Manager During Classes (Groom/Tack)
-Handy Work and Groundskeeping
-Observation Room Cleaning
Volunteers are the backbone of our program. We can not run our program without YOU! You have the opportunity to make a huge difference in the lives of the special needs community in Metro Detroit!
Because Banbury Cross is a 501(c)(3) non-profit we are eligible to fulfill community service hours for students as well as probation hours. Crimes must not be violent or involving children to be considered in our program.
How To Become A Volunteer
1. Have a desire to help the special needs community work with and ride horses!
2. Fill out Online Volunteer Application (Found on Homepage and Bubble Below!)
3. Register Online for Volunteer Orientation Date (Dates Found Below and on Better Impact)
4. Fill Out Volunteer Form and Sign (Or have parent sign if under 18) and bring to the Orientation
5. Download Better Impact App (FREE!!!!)
6. Attend Orientation and Become Trained Volunteer!
7. Register online or in app for classes to assist with and experience such a rewarding feeling!
2020 New Volunteer Orientations
Tuesday, December 10 6:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday, December 14 11:00am-1:00pm
Monday, February 24 6:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday, February 29 11:00am-1:00pm
Monday, May 4 6:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday, May 9 4:00pm-6:00pm
Saturday, June 27 2:30pm-4:30pm
Tuesday, June 30 6:00pm-8:00pm
Sunday, August 30 12:00pm-2:00pm
Wednesday, September 2 6:00pm-8:00pm
**Register Online Once You Complete Your Online Application
Becoming A Leader
Sidewalkers are imperative to our program as they assist the riders during class on the tasks that the instructors have assigned. After volunteering with us for a complete session, you can undergo Basic Leader Training to achieve a Level 1 or Level 2 Leader Level. To become an advanced leader (L3/L4), you must attend an advanced leader training or schedule an appointment to be evaluated by our Executive Director. Once approved as a Leader, you will be assigned as a Leader OR Sidewalker during classes.
At This Time, We Don't Have Any Leader Training's Scheduled.